Additional resources for those wishing to explore issues related to re-opening more deeply.
State Government and Statistical Information
- Building a Safe and Strong Oregon
- Oregon General Guidance for the Public
- Washington – What’s open in each phase?
- Washington Safe Start Status
- Washington Guidance, links and overview
How Other Religious Organizations Are Responding
- Reimagining Life Together Direction provided by Bishop Elaine Stanovsky of the Greater Northwest Area of the United Methodist Church. In this document she outlines 4 phases of re-opening for congregations. Churches within this conference of the UMC remain closed until at least June 15, 2020. (May 20, 2020)
- Georgia Baptist Mission Board This is an article entitled “Considerations for Reopening the Church Building.” (May 5, 2020)
- Statement from Olympia Presbytery (May 28, 2020)
- Zoom Meeting with ELCA Leaders and Dr. Michael Osterholm In this roughly 40-minute video noted epidemiologist Dr. Michael Osterholm speaks about the virus and comments on re-opening, as well as answers a few questions.
- Unitarian Universalist Association (May 14, 2020)
- Opening Hearts, Extending Closures Guide to Not Yet Re-Opening Houses of Worship May 1, 2020
- Notes from the Re-Opening Workshop (Added July 24, 2020)
- Carey Nieuwhof’s Blog Post “The Idiot’s Guide to Re-Opening Your Church” A satirical post on what not to do in re-opening church facilities.
- Rich Roll Podcast with Dr. Michael Greger “How to Survive a Pandemic” (Added July 24, 2020)