Per Capita for 2018
2018 per capita
Total = $32.00
The Per Capita for 2018 is $32.
$32.00 = $19.05 + $7.73 + $5.22.
Here’s the breakdown:
$19.05 goes to cover the costs of the work of the presbytery:
- The expense of 3 annual presbytery meetings
- The expenses of the meetings and work of Presbytery Leadership Council(PLC)
- Meeting expenses of committees (CPM, COR, COM, P&A, CAMPT, etc.)*
- Special investigating committees (PJC)*
- Expenses associated with administrative commissions (church closures, pastor installations, congregational conflicts)
- General Expenses (legal, audit, professional fees, insurance, publishing, etc.)
- Office Expenses (rent, telephone, postage, printing/copying, computer supplies & support, equipment repairs & maintenance, etc.)
- The work of The Office Of The Stated Clerk (including compensation and expenses for the clerk and administrative assistant).
$7.73 goes to General Assembly:
- To help share in the cost in those things that make us Presbyterian:
- our theological identity
- our connectedness
- our system of mid councils that allow elders and ministers together discern the mind of Christ
- our ecumenical connections that make us part of the church universal
- our core structures that keep us together as a church
- our call to work for full participation in decision making
- Allows for participation of persons from large and small churches from all areas of the country, thus making our representative form of government possible.
- It means that dollars given for mission are used to fund mission projects and work rather than in paying for administrative “overhead”.
$5.22 goes to Synod for:
- Investment/Loan administration
- Personnel services
- Health/Benefits administration
- Committee meeting Expenses (Synod meetings, Finance, Personnel, Executive Staff Forum, Nominating, Mission Partnership, etc.)
* CPM: Commission on Preparation for Ministry
* COR: Committee on Representation
* COM: Commission on Ministry
* CAMPT: Communications and Meeting Planning Team
* PJC: Permanent Judicial Commission
* Board of Trustees
* Budget and Finance