Board of Trustees (12 members, elders and ministers)
- Manage presbytery property
- Approve loan requests from churches
- Approve grant requests from churches
- Approve lease agreements from churches
- Develop budgets and oversee finances of presbytery
Commission on Ministry (12 member commissions of elders and ministers)
- Serves as pastor/counselor to ministers, commissioned ruling elders, and certified Christian educators of the presbytery;
- Facilitates relations and settles difficulties between congregations and ministers;
- Visits each session at least every 3 years to celebrate success and vision;
- Works with congregations in securing pastoral leadership;
- Approves and dissolves pastoral calls and contracts;
- Provides oversight of congregations without pastors;
- Examines ministers for membership in the presbytery.
Commission on Preparation for Ministry (14 members, elders and ministers)
- Provides for the nurture, care and oversight of inquirers and candidates ministry;
- Provides for annual consultation with inquirers and candidates as they move through the process;
- Members serve as liaisons between candidates, congregations and the presbytery.
Committee on Representation (7 members, church members, elders and ministers)
- Works to ensure the presbytery meets representation responsibilities and goals as found in the
constitution and standing rules.
- Encourages presbytery to work for a more diverse membership.
- Consults with personnel committee when staff are called or hired.
Nominating Committee (12 members, elders and ministers)
- Seeks candidates for boards, commissions and committees of the presbytery in light of representational
requirements and goals
- Recruits candidates for synod and general assembly commissioners
Permanent Judicial Commission (7 members, 6 year term, elders and ministers)
- Serves as the ecclesiastical court for the presbytery
Personnel & Administration Committee (8 members, church members, elders & ministers)
- Develop and implementing personnel policies
- Conduct performance reviews of presbytery employees of the presbytery
- Deal with personnel and administrative matters
Communication and Technology Team (elder/minister elected chair + appointees who are church members,
elders or ministers)
- Develops & refines communication strategies with and without technology
- Supports the technology and communication at each presbytery meeting
- Oversees, evaluates and rewards technology grants
New Ministries Team (NMT)
- Seeks to participate in a new movement of the Spirit by encouraging existing ministries to grow and inspiring individual leaders and congregations to imagine new kinds of ministries for a new era of church.
- Stewards efforts in the Presbytery to begin new churches and ministries.
- Encourages existing congregations to revitalize their mission through developing new ministries.
Email: email@example.com with any questions regarding serving on one of these committees.